My Girl

I don't have a lot of things in life that make me utterly and purely happy, that I love with a love that's more than love, that makes me forget my troubles, pains, the chemicals and electrical synapses in my brain, and that makes me exist entirely in the moment and just be happy. Happiness. And one of the the very few things/persons, is this little girl here. ❤️


I post pictures of Sanvee, my nephew, and other little babies who melt my heart, but they don't soothe my soul like she does. 

I just want her to be happy. I want to plan activities to surprise her. To make her laugh is a whole event to me in itself. I don't have the time, or concern to care about myself.
I don't even matter. She matters. And at some level, she understands the chaos that lies underneath the fun, supportive, loving sister-friend. She gets scared, but hugs me and doesn't let go till my rare crying in front of her stops. She's always there to help, to hold my hand when I'm tired. And for those times she's the 27 year old, and I'm the 7 year old.
I know that she's going to grow up to be one of the best human beings of all times. Just her presence soothes me.
And she's one the very few people, holding whom I can sleep peacefully.


She's a sister-daughter, and she's a sister-mother. She's the woman that matriarchal lores sing about.
And she's why I still have faith and hope.


I know she loves her parents better than me. I know I'm not her mother. I know it's not the same (though I don't know what it feels like to have a child).


But here's to the best girl I've been blessed enough to know, to love and to be loved back by.


I hope I can grow up to be somebody she can depend on, for always. She's one of the top five reasons I continue to fight for life.
Here's to my beautiful little girl.




I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?

My girl, my girl, my girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl
My girl
I've got so much honey, the bees envy me
I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees
Well, I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl, my girl, my girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl
My girl
-----  The Temptations


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Hurts

Destination Weddings

IT IS OK : REACH OUT